The Chapel of St Michael


The oldest bell in Hungary hangs in its tower.  The bell was lost when the church was destroyed in the 15th Centrury by Turkish invaders. 

In the 1913(?)  the bell was was found in the roots of an oak tree that toppled during a storm, and installed when the church was rebuilt in the 1930’s.

© Eat, Drink, and Carry a GPS 2013